Saturday, May 2, 2009

Costa Rica!

So, we live in a new country. It's been about 5 days. We traveled and arrived more smoothly than expected, all the bags, both the kids! ... those warm hands of prayer were on our backs.

Thusfar we've been exploring and orienting. The corner store (pulperia), the big stores, the bus, the taxis, the bank, the language institute. Much with the help of our volunteer "big brother and big sister." Does this sound anything like the cultural mentors I used to recruit for LFS? ... except we're the newbies! 

We've tried dinner out. We've tried dinner in. Both an adventure. We've even tried McDonald's and a Wendy's frosty at the mall...too much adventure, not enough resulting novelty...I haven't been gone long enough for that.

We'll get the camera out for more visual and audio visual fun soon. For now, enjoy these:
Tropical flora and fauna abound...Coconuts anyone? How do I get in the door?...Parque Sauces...our nearest park...Home...
Upstairs, #4.

No comments: