Thursday, August 10, 2017

Prayer Update - 8/9/17

10...9...8...7...6...

The countdown is underway. We are 10 days away from putting Denver in our rearview mirror and setting our sights on Nampa, Idaho! I resolved today not to deceive myself into believing I can be master over every detail and every task. Instead, I will trustfully ride this wave of the Lord's movement in our lives. The days here are bleeding away quickly. For those of you "striving together with [us] in your prayers" (Rom. 15:30), here are a few specifics we are laying before the Father and watching for his perfect response:

1. Pray for new tenants for our town home in Denver. Because we must break our lease, we are responsible for rent until new folks are in place.

2. Pray for housing in Nampa. We are in a waiting pattern to hear about a house we hope to rent just a few blocks from the church.

3. Pray for smooth transitions for the kids into their new schools (first day is Aug. 23rd), and for new friends.

4. Pray for the Lord to lead in setting the tone for this new season at Calvary Church Nampa.