Thursday, October 7, 2010

My brother, Johann

My brother, Johann, came to Chile.

Perhaps you don't know how cool that is. You see, we grew up traveling. Dad was an Air Force Chaplain and on his coattails we rode, sometimes around the world. The Philippines; Turkey; and on the way and in between, many other places. My brother got a six year head start on me, so he naturally has a different perspective on the memories we share from those globe-trotting days. For a start, he actually remembers things from those days! I'm pretty sure the majority of my “memories” are actually photographs or old family tall tales.

This time we got to make memories together that I'm pretty sure we'll both retain. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that, aside from an anniversary cruise he and his wife went on, he hadn't had the opportunity to leave behind the good ol' U.S. Of A. since we passed through England on our way home from Turkey.

This time a few things were different. For starters, no military base. Seems strange, but my wife and children and I were playing host...speaking the local language none the less! This time he wasn't a carefree college student, he's a very serious radio personality and writer (except for the very serious part)! As such, he also documented his travels daily with video updates for the station's website.

So, if you won't get the chance to take the long trip south to see us, at least now you can travel with 'Yo' (as he is known to many) and take in a slice of life and ministry in southern Chile. Take a look for yourself. If you don't have time to view them all now, come back and have another go at it!

If you'd like to learn more about his stations and ministry, try these links:

KNKT - New Mexico's home for solid Bible teaching (you can find his video links here).
Hollywood Jesus - Pop culture from a spiritual point of view (here you can find his reviews of movies and video games).
M88 - What music was meant to be
Yo on twitter or  LinkedIn

















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Anders...this is Carra (Marsh now Rathbun :) I have loved reading your blog and seeing pictures of your beautiful family. It is amazing to see the way that God is using your family to reach others in Chile. Please know that you all have officially been added to our weekly family prayer list!

Unknown said...

Jason and I soooo enjoyed seeing Johann videos of your time together. Great memories!